07 December 2007

CHAD'S TOP 10 of 2007!!!

My name is Chad, and although it has been some time since I have posted anything...here is my top 10 for 2007:

1.) Caribou, "Andorra"
 I'm a huge Caribou fan, and this album is the perfect follow up to 2005's "The Milk of Human Kindness" If you like ambient, warm, poppy goodness...check it out.

2.)Interpol "Our Love to Admire"
 Another band that I am a huge fan of. Some say that this album is to similar to the band's first two albums. On the one hand, yes, the sound is very similar. On the other, it is more brilliant music from one of the greatest bands playing today (my opinion of course). Say what you will, but at least give it a listen.

3.) Spoon "Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga" 
 More Indie rock greatness from this Texas based band. If you happened to buy the vinyl you also received over 10 bonus tracks, sure they're short, but it's pretty cool too!

4.) The Chemical Brothers "We are the Night"
 The Chemical Brothers are always a good call, and this album is certainly up to par.  'Saturate' 'The Salmon Dance' and 'The Pills Won't Help You Now' are some of my favorites. 

5.)Battles "Mirrored"
 When I picked up this album for the first time I didn't quite get it. There is so much to listen for. Rhythms layered on top of more rhythms with synth and drums scattered everywhere. Its really whacky, but its also really cool. I'd describe it something like the sound of chaos. 

6.)Radiohead "In Rainbows"
 A new Radiohead album? Awesome. A new Radiohead album where you can name your own price? Even more awesome. My most played Radiohead album since OK Computer and equally as good. Most of the album is pretty depressing  but that's okay. 'All I need' and '15 Step' are my two favorites. 

7.) Modest Mouse "We were dead before the Ship Even Sank"
Modest Mouse+ Johnny Mar= Awesome. It's no "Lonesome Crowded West" or "The Moon and Antarctica" but its great, and certainly worth a purchase. 

8.)The Shins "Wincing the Night Away"
I love it, I love it, I love it. Enough said. 

9.) As I Lay Dying "An Ocean Between Us"
As I Lay Dying has changed its sound completely, and it is even better than before.  The intro to 'Separation' is amazing. Certainly worth a purchase, even for non-metal fans. 

10.) The Good, The Bad & The Queen - Self Titled
One of the first albums of 2007 was probably one of the best. Its the super band of all super bands: Damon Albarn, Paul Simonon, Tony Allen and Simon Tong. All hail from historic bands (ie: The Verve, The Clash, Blur, etc.) For some most of the music may be too soft and too slow. I like the sound, and Albarn has a great voice. Check it out.


There they are. My top 10 of 2007. 

No comments: