06 December 2007

0W3N'5 T0PPP Tr@XXX of ZOO7!!

It's times like this that I realize how narrow my taste is (Panda Bear is in two of these bands) and how few new (as in made in 2007) albums I really bought. But here's my top 5:

1. Animal Collective - Strawberry Jam
Music this good yet also completely ridiculous is very rare.
2. Akron/Family - Love is Simple
The Family turned jam band on everyone, but the songs are still beautiful.
3. Pinback - Autumn of the Seraphs
Track 5 - 1:53
4. Handsome Furs - Plague Park
This one's on here for personal reasons.
5. Panda Bear - Person Pitch
See #1.

Top songs of the year, annihilating my previously top-played song with 71 complete plays:

"Snare Hangar" off Mirrored by Battles.

About 2 minutes long (that means I've spent a full two hours and 20 minutes listening to this song); sounds like it was made completely by accident; forgoes the silly voice effects that, frankly, kept the album off my top 5 list (I'm a luddite); the last half of the song is like a bunch of robots in communal orgasm (I wish there was a more elegant way to put it).

No comments: